Information about the position offered
Contract duration: Permanent
Employment schedule: Full time (40 hours/week)
Location: Canada (Toronto)
MASSIVart is a public art and creative placemaking company that works with real estate firms, municipalities, museums and brands to make art more accessible. Our team works across a wide range of spaces to create cultural impact. As we continue to expand across Canada and internationally, we are seeking a talented and organized Project Manager to join our team.
Reporting to the Head of Project Management, the Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring project success from start to finish. They will act as the liaison between clients and internal/external resources, with a focus on providing excellent client service and managing team communication.
This role will require excellent communication, strong organizational and problem-solving skills, and meticulous attention to detail. The Project Manager must be able to work well under pressure, meeting tight deadlines while ensuring efficient project execution.
We are seeking a proactive individual who takes initiative and stays ahead of their responsibilities. If you are a self-starter, work quickly, and want to join a passionate and creative team, we would love to hear from you.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Producing tools and documents: briefings, production packages, schedules
- Development of budgets with a focus on project profitability
- Develop and monitor deliverable timelines and ensure that they are met
- Oversee management of projects while actively participating in the growth of the agency
- Provides team leadership through all stages of project planning and development to ensure that work is aligned with the client’s direction and objectives and delivered with excellence and to agreed deadlines and scopes
- Participate in weekly meetings with the project management team
- Determine the resources needed to carry out the projects
- Support the team effectively and help define priorities
- Maintain and contribute to the agency’s positive relationships with clients, artists and partners
- Manage all internal and external resources needed to carry out the projects
- Researching appropriate suppliers, defining their deliverables, negotiating the terms of their contracts and supervising their work in the field
- Control the quality and profitability of each project under their responsibility
- Administrative follow-up of projects (balance sheet, monitoring of payments, invoices, etc.)
- Collaborate effectively with customers, internal team and external suppliers.
- Troubleshoot builds and technical challenges faced by the installation or creation of an art piece.
- Identify efficiencies and strategic actions to facilitate the execution of a project.
- Anticipate potential issues and challenges and prevent them
- Troubleshoot builds and technical challenges faced by the installation or creation of an art piece
- Work jointly with Business Development, Client Service, Strategy, Production, Creative, Legal, Finance, and external partners
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in project management or relevant experience
- Experience in the arts and culture industry is an asset
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Strong research and problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Clear communicator with active listening skills
- Seeks feedback and responds well to constructive input
- Able to juggle several projects simultaneously and prioritize their time
- Positive attitude and solutions-focused
- Desire to actively participate in the culture of the company
- Interpersonal skills, diplomacy and teamwork expertise
- Quality and profitability-focused
- A driver’s license is an asset
- English Speaker
MASSIVart offers competitive salaries depending on the level of experience of each individual. Apply Now